The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre is the largest cancer centre in Scotland and is the lead centre for non-surgical cancer care for the West of Scotland.
Opened in 2008, the centre delivers an unprecedented level of care to thousands of patients across the West of Scotland, with links to 16 hospitals in Glasgow and other health board areas.
Located in the heart of the city’s West End on the Gartnavel Hospital Campus site, it provides a world-class service to cancer patients. The centre is staffed by some of the most skilled and dedicated healthcare professionals in the country.
The Beatson is designed to create a calm, relaxing and therapeutic environment for patients, to help improve their wellbeing and enhance their recuperation. It is one of the most innovative and modern cancer care centres in the world.
- Overnight rooms, with en-suites, for relatives
- A dedicated specially designed teenage cancer ward
- A Macmillan information & support centre
- A specialist cancer pharmacy
- A bright, spacious day chemotherapy suite
- Patient gardens and access to outside space via balconies
- Clinical trials and research unit
- A patient and family area
- A 12-seater TV room
- A multi-faith quiet reflection/sanctuary room
- Complimentary therapy rooms
- A hairdresser and wig service
- Therapy rooms to house Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Physiotherapy and other therapy staff
- The Aroma Café on level 1 and a Beatson Cancer Charity Cafe on the ground floor in the Tom Wheldon Building.
The centre benefits from many facilities and extra features made possible by charitable organisations.