Practice Development, Education & Research Unit
The Practice Development, Education and Research Unit (PDERU) is the Specialist Oncology and Clinical Haematology Service based in the Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre at the Gartnavel Campus.
- Support nurses to develop their practice to promote high quality patient care
- Implement and develop national, regional and local strategies for cancer nursing practice
- Facilitate cancer nurses to take an active role in practice development, research and education
- Foster a learning environment through the provision and support of educational and research opportunities
- Create collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders (such as clinical nurse managers, higher educational institutes, acute services managers and research teams) in local and wider NHS and non-NHS networks.