Radiotherapy Advice Line
This telephone service is available to all patients, relatives and carers attending the Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre (BWoSCC) and The Lanarkshire Beatson.
If you have any non-urgent questions or concerns regarding your treatment, its side-effects, or any other issues related to your radiotherapy treatment, call: 0141 301 7432.
Please leave your name, date of birth and contact number with a short message about your concern and we will call you back.
The BWoSCC also has a Cancer Treatment Helpline for urgent calls. This is for patients on or within 6 weeks of treatment who have urgent or severe symptoms such as:
- Shivering or flu-like symptoms
- Temperature greater than 37.5̊C
- Gum/nose bleeds or unusual bruising
- Worsening or sudden breathlessness
- Leg weakness/difficulty walking
- Severe nausea/vomiting/diarrhoea/constipation
- Sudden increases or uncontrolled pain
- Other concerning symptoms associated with your cancer treatment.
The line is available 24 hours for emergencies.
For Urgent Calls
Tel: 0141 301 7990
Tel: 0800 917 7711