Clinical Nurse Specialists
The Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS’s) are part of our nursing team, offering support, advice and guidance to our patients. You will see them in the wards, Out-patient, Macmillan Day Unit and also in the clinics.
They can answer questions about your disease and treatment and help to minimise any problems you may encounter throughout your chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment. The CNS will try to maximise independence and quality of life for all patients.
They work closely with community nurses, doctors and carers to ensure the high-quality care can be provided in the home.
Key areas in which the CNS can help:
- Advice and emotional support to you, your relatives and carers
- Help with physical symptoms such as pain and nausea
- Advise you about your treatment
- Information about your illness
- Advice and help on how to manage financial problems
- Help to coordinate clinical trials.